November 29, 2013 9:51:55 AM
MEMPHIS -- Police in Memphis say they've tracked down a Crips gang member sought in a 2012 shooting in northeast Mississippi.
Prosecutor Neal Oldham told The Commercial Appeal investigators caught up with 19-year-old Angel Rosario in Alcorn County this week.
Rosario is wanted in Shelby County on a charge of attempted first-degree murder in the January 2012 shooting of DeAndre McKinley.
Oldham said he plans to lobby a Juvenile Court judge to transfer Rosario to adult court on the felony charges. Because Rosario was a juvenile at the time, he must be treated as one unless transferred.
A hearing for Rosario is set for December.
Two other men have pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree murder and weapons charges and sentenced to 14 years each in prison.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Trotter to hold first post-renovation event Saturday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY