November 29, 2013 9:51:55 AM
MEMPHIS -- Police in Memphis say they've tracked down a Crips gang member sought in a 2012 shooting in northeast Mississippi.
Prosecutor Neal Oldham told The Commercial Appeal investigators caught up with 19-year-old Angel Rosario in Alcorn County this week.
Rosario is wanted in Shelby County on a charge of attempted first-degree murder in the January 2012 shooting of DeAndre McKinley.
Oldham said he plans to lobby a Juvenile Court judge to transfer Rosario to adult court on the felony charges. Because Rosario was a juvenile at the time, he must be treated as one unless transferred.
A hearing for Rosario is set for December.
Two other men have pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree murder and weapons charges and sentenced to 14 years each in prison.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY