November 30, 2013 11:43:48 PM
SALT LAKE CITY -- Josh Romney says he was first on the scene after a vehicle crashed into a house Thanksgiving night in suburban Salt Lake, and he helped four people from the wreckage.
The son of former presidential candidate Mitt Romney told the Salt Lake Tribune an SUV came "right past our car and into a house."
He said he was on the way home with his wife and children from Thanksgiving dinner with his parents when the car slammed into the kitchen area of the Holladay home.
The paper reports that Romney said in a statement that he "was able to help each of them get out of the car and lift them down to the ground."
He also tweeted about the wreck Friday, along with a picture of himself next to the vehicle: "Was first on scene to big accident, see pic of car in the house. I lifted 4 people out to safety. All ok. Thankful."
The Tribune reports that reactions on Twitter to Romney's tweet ranged from praise for helping in an emergency to criticism for posing for a photograph at an accident scene.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY