December 6, 2013 10:22:51 AM
James Harrell, a 22-year-old Mississippi State University student, was killed Wednesday in a single-car wreck on Old West Point Road.
Oktibbeha County Assistant Coroner Billy Miller said the vehicle Harrell was driving left the road near the intersection of Camps Airport Road about 11 p.m. and struck a tree, ejecting the West Point native. Harrell was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, Miller said. He was pronounced dead at the scene
Although the accident is still under investigation, Miller said county roads were slick that night, creating less than favorable driving conditions.
Harrell is the son of Clay County Circuit Clerk Bob Harrell.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY