December 10, 2013 9:50:04 AM
AMORY -- A 44-year-old Alabama woman has been charged with manslaughter following an ATV accident in Mississippi.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the accident happened Friday at Weaver Creek near the campground in Monroe County.
Authorities say 40-year-old Christopher David Herrington, of Samson, Ala. was a passenger in the Polaris Razor. Herrington was transported to Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities say Samantha Vizzina has been charged with DUI manslaughter. Bond was set Monday for Vizzina at $10,000 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY