December 10, 2013 9:50:04 AM
AMORY -- A 44-year-old Alabama woman has been charged with manslaughter following an ATV accident in Mississippi.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the accident happened Friday at Weaver Creek near the campground in Monroe County.
Authorities say 40-year-old Christopher David Herrington, of Samson, Ala. was a passenger in the Polaris Razor. Herrington was transported to Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities say Samantha Vizzina has been charged with DUI manslaughter. Bond was set Monday for Vizzina at $10,000 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY