December 10, 2013 9:50:04 AM
AMORY -- A 44-year-old Alabama woman has been charged with manslaughter following an ATV accident in Mississippi.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the accident happened Friday at Weaver Creek near the campground in Monroe County.
Authorities say 40-year-old Christopher David Herrington, of Samson, Ala. was a passenger in the Polaris Razor. Herrington was transported to Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities say Samantha Vizzina has been charged with DUI manslaughter. Bond was set Monday for Vizzina at $10,000 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 12 county, city officials miss financial disclosure deadline STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY