December 10, 2013 9:50:04 AM
AMORY -- A 44-year-old Alabama woman has been charged with manslaughter following an ATV accident in Mississippi.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the accident happened Friday at Weaver Creek near the campground in Monroe County.
Authorities say 40-year-old Christopher David Herrington, of Samson, Ala. was a passenger in the Polaris Razor. Herrington was transported to Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities say Samantha Vizzina has been charged with DUI manslaughter. Bond was set Monday for Vizzina at $10,000 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes.
1. Columbus mayoral race gets ugly COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man gets life in prison for capital murder of Lowndes teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ceco property sold to investment group COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. E-911 workers get ultimatum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Young gets 50 years for 2015 gas station shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY