December 12, 2013 10:05:35 AM
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has announced a yearlong celebration in 2014 to showcase Mississippi people, communities and enterprises that are moving the state's economy forward.
Bryant made the announcement Wednesday with state tourism officials.
He says the "Year of the Creative Economy" will bring home many well-known artists, performers and others to join the festivities in their respective home communities and to showcase the talent and drive grown out of their Mississippi experience.
State tourism director Malcolm White says from print shops and music venues to art galleries, restaurants and other innovative businesses, the creative economy provides sustainable economic contributions to the state.
■ "Year of the Creative Economy: Mississippi Homecoming": mscreativeeconomy.com
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Higgins: $150 million project eying Lowndes Port COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU horticulture student gains experience at Smith Landscaping COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two sessions planned on proposed tax increases COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY