December 12, 2013 10:05:35 AM
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has announced a yearlong celebration in 2014 to showcase Mississippi people, communities and enterprises that are moving the state's economy forward.
Bryant made the announcement Wednesday with state tourism officials.
He says the "Year of the Creative Economy" will bring home many well-known artists, performers and others to join the festivities in their respective home communities and to showcase the talent and drive grown out of their Mississippi experience.
State tourism director Malcolm White says from print shops and music venues to art galleries, restaurants and other innovative businesses, the creative economy provides sustainable economic contributions to the state.
■ "Year of the Creative Economy: Mississippi Homecoming": mscreativeeconomy.com
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY