December 12, 2013 10:05:35 AM
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has announced a yearlong celebration in 2014 to showcase Mississippi people, communities and enterprises that are moving the state's economy forward.
Bryant made the announcement Wednesday with state tourism officials.
He says the "Year of the Creative Economy" will bring home many well-known artists, performers and others to join the festivities in their respective home communities and to showcase the talent and drive grown out of their Mississippi experience.
State tourism director Malcolm White says from print shops and music venues to art galleries, restaurants and other innovative businesses, the creative economy provides sustainable economic contributions to the state.
■ "Year of the Creative Economy: Mississippi Homecoming": mscreativeeconomy.com
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY