December 13, 2013 9:42:53 AM
RIDGELAND -- C Spire has announced plans to acquire Callis Communications, which provides cloud-based unified communications as a service for businesses.
Based in Mobile, Ala., Callis serves customers in key business markets across the Southeast.
Officials for Ridgeand-based C Spire announced the acquisition in a new release Wednesday.
C Spire officials say once the acquisition gets regulatory approval from the Federal Communications Commission, the merger will help it expand its markets and offer comprehensive business solutions for customers.
C Spire expects final regulatory approval of the merger within the next 60 days.
Callis started in 1999 as a paging provider. It became a facilities-based competitive local exchange carrier and Internet service provider in 2005 and in 2009 became a cloud-based unified communications company.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY