December 13, 2013 9:42:53 AM
RIDGELAND -- C Spire has announced plans to acquire Callis Communications, which provides cloud-based unified communications as a service for businesses.
Based in Mobile, Ala., Callis serves customers in key business markets across the Southeast.
Officials for Ridgeand-based C Spire announced the acquisition in a new release Wednesday.
C Spire officials say once the acquisition gets regulatory approval from the Federal Communications Commission, the merger will help it expand its markets and offer comprehensive business solutions for customers.
C Spire expects final regulatory approval of the merger within the next 60 days.
Callis started in 1999 as a paging provider. It became a facilities-based competitive local exchange carrier and Internet service provider in 2005 and in 2009 became a cloud-based unified communications company.
1. MUW janitor faces child molestation charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus man arrested on kidnapping, sexual assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Kitchens expected to rule on Gibbs case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY