December 13, 2013 9:53:11 AM
The six men arrested following the 2011 armed robbery of a Columbus woman inside her Sandpiper Apartment Complex home have been sentenced to a combined 114 years behind bars, according to Lowndes County Circuit Court documents.
Police said the men who became known as the "Columbus Six" -- all teenagers at the time of the incident -- knocked on the door of Karen Winter's apartment and when she answered, pushed their way inside and forced her to lie face down on the floor while one held a gun to her head. Her television, two laptops, cash, a change jar and other items were stolen.
The teens were arrested shortly after leaving the scene. Each suspect was charged as an adult.
During the current term of the Lowndes County Circuit Court, Bobby Adonis Bluitt and Michael Satterfield became the last of the six to receive their sentences. Bluitt received six years in prison, while Satterfield received an eight-year sentence.
Demonta Dewayne Gardner was sentenced to 20 years; Tevin Rashad Oglen was sentenced to 15 years; Corey Jamar Lathan was sentenced to 40 years; and Jeremy Billups was sentenced to 25 years.
1. Meth lab discovered in Lowndes County COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Oktibbeha supes sign off on Communiversity plan STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Airbus VP says future is bright in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local church hopes to start food backpack program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. River Island Park hits funding snag COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY