September 19, 2009 9:52:00 PM
STARKVILLE --The Oktibbeha County Humane Society''s Bark in the Park fall festival, scheduled for this past Saturday, has been postponed until Oct. 17 due to inclement weather.
Along with a 5K run/mile walk, festival will feature dog agility demonstrations and seminars, dog games and contests, children''s activities, food, entertainment and more.
The Bark in the Park fall festival is sponsored in part by Boardtown Bikes, McAlister''s Deli, and Starkville Daily News, will be held simultaneously with 52MOMS'' Girl Power STEM Extravaganza.
Demonstrations include a seminar on pet loss, information on poisonous plants, pet first aid and CPR, dog obedience, agility demonstrations, police dog, search and rescue, information on therapy dogs and representatives from various dog breed rescue groups.
In addition, the Golden Triangle Kennel Club of Mississippi will feature their Responsible Dog Owner program, including Canine Good Citizen tests, an opportunity to meet various dog breeds, and the Parade of Breeds.
All proceeds from Bark in the Park benefit OCHS in its mission to serve the animals and people in Oktibbeha County. Admission to the fall festival is free.
Please visit OCHS Web site at http://www.msstate.edu/org/humane for more information or contact Michele Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY