September 19, 2009 9:52:00 PM
ABERDEEN -- An Aberdeen woman is dead after a three-vehicle accident in Monroe County.
Cornisha Boykins King, 26, of 608 Burnett St., was driving north on Highway 25, north of Aberdeen near Dan Taylor Road, in a 2004 Nissan Altima at 6:23 a.m. on her way to work at Wal-Mart in Amory when he was involved in a three-vehicle accident, according to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley.
King was alone in the car; it is unknown whether or not she was wearing a seat belt. She had to be removed from the vehicle with the help of Jaws of Life and was transported to Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen where she was later pronounced dead in the emergency room.
The cause of death was determined to be multiple trauma, Gurley wrote in a press release.
The death is under investigation by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
Gurley did not release information regarding the other drivers.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY