December 17, 2013 10:39:18 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested for statutory rape.
Quadevious Atterberry, 21, of 2409 Oat Street, was arrested last week after investigators believe he engaged in a sexual relationship with an underage girl.
According to Latasha Key with the Columbus Police Department, the girl's mother filed a complaint with the department on December 7. According to Key, Atterberry and the underage girl have been involved in a sexual relationship for several months.
The age of the victim is not being released.
Atterberry was arrested at East Mississippi Community College last week.
He was taken before Municipal Court Judge Marc Amos who set a bond of $2,500.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY