December 17, 2013 10:39:18 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested for statutory rape.
Quadevious Atterberry, 21, of 2409 Oat Street, was arrested last week after investigators believe he engaged in a sexual relationship with an underage girl.
According to Latasha Key with the Columbus Police Department, the girl's mother filed a complaint with the department on December 7. According to Key, Atterberry and the underage girl have been involved in a sexual relationship for several months.
The age of the victim is not being released.
Atterberry was arrested at East Mississippi Community College last week.
He was taken before Municipal Court Judge Marc Amos who set a bond of $2,500.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY