December 17, 2013 10:39:18 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested for statutory rape.
Quadevious Atterberry, 21, of 2409 Oat Street, was arrested last week after investigators believe he engaged in a sexual relationship with an underage girl.
According to Latasha Key with the Columbus Police Department, the girl's mother filed a complaint with the department on December 7. According to Key, Atterberry and the underage girl have been involved in a sexual relationship for several months.
The age of the victim is not being released.
Atterberry was arrested at East Mississippi Community College last week.
He was taken before Municipal Court Judge Marc Amos who set a bond of $2,500.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch. Follow her on Twitter @FowlerSarah
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY