December 18, 2013 10:00:40 AM
Megabus.com, the express bus company with fares from $1, has expanded into Mississippi and created three additional routes to and from New Orleans.
The company said Tuesday that New Orleans residents can now travel directly to Memphis, and Jackson and Oxford from New Orleans.
Mike Alvich, a company spokesman, says Megabus.com has become the travel option for more than 30 million people since launching in April 2006. He says their buses offer customers the ability to recline, rest, sleep or entertain themselves with free Wi-Fi. He says each seat is equipped with a power outlet.
Although the $1 fares go quickly, Alvich says those who book early and those who travel on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday often secure the best fares.
1. Habitat for Humanity provides home for beloved CHS manager COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Shots fired at Columbus Sprint Mart COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY