December 18, 2013 10:00:40 AM
Megabus.com, the express bus company with fares from $1, has expanded into Mississippi and created three additional routes to and from New Orleans.
The company said Tuesday that New Orleans residents can now travel directly to Memphis, and Jackson and Oxford from New Orleans.
Mike Alvich, a company spokesman, says Megabus.com has become the travel option for more than 30 million people since launching in April 2006. He says their buses offer customers the ability to recline, rest, sleep or entertain themselves with free Wi-Fi. He says each seat is equipped with a power outlet.
Although the $1 fares go quickly, Alvich says those who book early and those who travel on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday often secure the best fares.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. College View, 550 Russell projects moving forward STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Authorities arrest drive-by shooting suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY