December 18, 2013 10:00:40 AM
Megabus.com, the express bus company with fares from $1, has expanded into Mississippi and created three additional routes to and from New Orleans.
The company said Tuesday that New Orleans residents can now travel directly to Memphis, and Jackson and Oxford from New Orleans.
Mike Alvich, a company spokesman, says Megabus.com has become the travel option for more than 30 million people since launching in April 2006. He says their buses offer customers the ability to recline, rest, sleep or entertain themselves with free Wi-Fi. He says each seat is equipped with a power outlet.
Although the $1 fares go quickly, Alvich says those who book early and those who travel on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday often secure the best fares.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY