December 18, 2013 10:00:40 AM
Megabus.com, the express bus company with fares from $1, has expanded into Mississippi and created three additional routes to and from New Orleans.
The company said Tuesday that New Orleans residents can now travel directly to Memphis, and Jackson and Oxford from New Orleans.
Mike Alvich, a company spokesman, says Megabus.com has become the travel option for more than 30 million people since launching in April 2006. He says their buses offer customers the ability to recline, rest, sleep or entertain themselves with free Wi-Fi. He says each seat is equipped with a power outlet.
Although the $1 fares go quickly, Alvich says those who book early and those who travel on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday often secure the best fares.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus police nab one suspect, search for another in Saturday armed robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY