January 4, 2014 10:10:13 PM
A Lowndes County man was arrested Thursday after being on the run for more than a year.
Jonathan Johnson, 30, was arrested at his home at Shaw's Trailer Park Thursday morning by agents with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department Narcotics Division and the department's Warrant Division.
Agents were at Johnson's home at 3458 Hwy. 373 to execute several outstanding arrest warrants for the sale of cocaine. According to Master Sergeant Archie Williams, assistant commander of the narcotic's unit, while they were inside the residence, agents discovered approximately six grams of cocaine, a Jennings .380 handgun, $2,185 in cash, two syringes containing an unknown substance, as well as approximately 100 capsules containing an unknown substance.
A gram of cocaine has an estimated street value of $100, Williams said.
In addition to the outstanding charges, Jennings was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute as well as possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
Jennings is currently in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY