September 22, 2009 9:27:00 AM
A Noxubee County man died this morning in a one-vehicle accident three miles south of Shuqualak on Highway 45 South, the Mississippi Highway Patrol reported.
Clarence Simpson, 60, of Shuqualak, was driving a white 1992 Lincoln Town Car when his vehicle drove off the road and collided with a culvert shortly after 1 a.m.
Simpson was pronounced dead on the scene by Noxubee County Coroner R. L. Calhoun.
Simpson was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, according to MHP.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY