September 22, 2009 9:27:00 AM
A Noxubee County man died this morning in a one-vehicle accident three miles south of Shuqualak on Highway 45 South, the Mississippi Highway Patrol reported.
Clarence Simpson, 60, of Shuqualak, was driving a white 1992 Lincoln Town Car when his vehicle drove off the road and collided with a culvert shortly after 1 a.m.
Simpson was pronounced dead on the scene by Noxubee County Coroner R. L. Calhoun.
Simpson was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, according to MHP.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. The view from above: Flights offer insight into Wings Over Columbus acts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY