September 22, 2009 9:27:00 AM
A Noxubee County man died this morning in a one-vehicle accident three miles south of Shuqualak on Highway 45 South, the Mississippi Highway Patrol reported.
Clarence Simpson, 60, of Shuqualak, was driving a white 1992 Lincoln Town Car when his vehicle drove off the road and collided with a culvert shortly after 1 a.m.
Simpson was pronounced dead on the scene by Noxubee County Coroner R. L. Calhoun.
Simpson was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, according to MHP.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY