September 22, 2009 9:27:00 AM
A Noxubee County man died this morning in a one-vehicle accident three miles south of Shuqualak on Highway 45 South, the Mississippi Highway Patrol reported.
Clarence Simpson, 60, of Shuqualak, was driving a white 1992 Lincoln Town Car when his vehicle drove off the road and collided with a culvert shortly after 1 a.m.
Simpson was pronounced dead on the scene by Noxubee County Coroner R. L. Calhoun.
Simpson was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, according to MHP.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY