January 10, 2014 10:28:50 AM
A Columbus man is being charged in a New Year's shooting that left a teenager injured.
Cordell Lewis, 24, of 804 Remunda Drive, turned himself into the Columbus Police Department Thursday. He was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon for his alleged role in the New Year's Day shooting where a teenager was shot in the leg.
His bond was set at $5,000. He has a preliminary hearing date of March 20.
Lewis has been arrested eight times in the past three years, according to the records at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. Those arrests include two domestic violence charges and one charge of possession of cocaine.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY