September 23, 2009 9:50:00 AM
The disappearance of a Lowndes County woman missing since Thursday remains a mystery.
Kaila Morris, 21, was last seen by her step father, Robert Triplett, leaving her parents'' home at 181 Golding Road in a dark-colored van with unknown persons.
No leads have come to light, nor has any evidence of a crime, said Lt. Tony Perkins of the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office, who has been investigating Morris'' disappearance.
"We''re still asking anyone who''s seen her to come in," said Perkins.
Morris left her parents'' home Thursday without any personal belongings, including money, a phone or identification.
Morris is 5 feet, 6 inches tall, 230 pounds, with brownish-blond waist-length hair. She has green-gray eyes and several tattoos, including a rose on her toe, a wolf''s head on her right hip and a star and moon on her lower back.
Anyone with information regarding Morris is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151 or the LCSO at 662-328-6788.
Melody commented at 9/23/2009 4:29:00 PM:
Gosh, I hope the family gets some news soon. The longer this lady is missing the less positive the end can turn out. It almost sounds like she disappeared willingly. My best to the family and loved ones.
LaBriska commented at 9/24/2009 4:53:00 AM:
She would never just run away. Her family and friends mean too much to her. I can only pray that she will come home safely to us.
1. Aircraft crashes near Columbus Air Force Base COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD, OSCO launch seat belt enforcement campaign STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY