January 16, 2014 10:31:45 AM
TERRY -- Regions is closing its branch in the town of Terry on March 14.
The move will leave the town without a local bank. Regions says accounts will be transferred to the Byram branch, some seven miles away.
Terry is town of about 1,100 people south of Jackson.
Mayor Roderick Nicholson tells The Clarion-Ledger that the decision will create a hardship for local residents and businesses.
Regions spokesman Mel Campbell says customers were notified of the closing in December.
He says in a statement that the consolidation with the Byram branch was based on traffic, volume, location of other branches, profitability and other factors.
1. Man arrested for walking onto field during Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CVB purchases Elks Club COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bell ringers and Angel Trees: Volunteers and donations still needed by Salvation Army COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Supervisors donate land for new Communiversity site COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. For Amos, a goodbye to drug court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY