January 16, 2014 10:31:45 AM
TERRY -- Regions is closing its branch in the town of Terry on March 14.
The move will leave the town without a local bank. Regions says accounts will be transferred to the Byram branch, some seven miles away.
Terry is town of about 1,100 people south of Jackson.
Mayor Roderick Nicholson tells The Clarion-Ledger that the decision will create a hardship for local residents and businesses.
Regions spokesman Mel Campbell says customers were notified of the closing in December.
He says in a statement that the consolidation with the Byram branch was based on traffic, volume, location of other branches, profitability and other factors.
1. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY