January 16, 2014 10:31:45 AM
TERRY -- Regions is closing its branch in the town of Terry on March 14.
The move will leave the town without a local bank. Regions says accounts will be transferred to the Byram branch, some seven miles away.
Terry is town of about 1,100 people south of Jackson.
Mayor Roderick Nicholson tells The Clarion-Ledger that the decision will create a hardship for local residents and businesses.
Regions spokesman Mel Campbell says customers were notified of the closing in December.
He says in a statement that the consolidation with the Byram branch was based on traffic, volume, location of other branches, profitability and other factors.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Arrest report 5-4-16 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha County picks industrial park plan, pledges $7M toward development STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY