January 16, 2014 10:31:45 AM
TERRY -- Regions is closing its branch in the town of Terry on March 14.
The move will leave the town without a local bank. Regions says accounts will be transferred to the Byram branch, some seven miles away.
Terry is town of about 1,100 people south of Jackson.
Mayor Roderick Nicholson tells The Clarion-Ledger that the decision will create a hardship for local residents and businesses.
Regions spokesman Mel Campbell says customers were notified of the closing in December.
He says in a statement that the consolidation with the Byram branch was based on traffic, volume, location of other branches, profitability and other factors.
1. LCSO names suspect in Crawford shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Shots fired near the Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY