January 18, 2014 10:55:32 PM
The Lowndes Community Foundation has hired Jan Eastman as executive director of the organization.
A Columbus native, Eastman has an extensive background in foundation and non-profit organization experience having served as director of development for the CREATE Foundation from 2006-2012. Her resume includes 21 years with IBM and 13 years as a consultant to 64 nonprofits. She was also an adjunct professor at the University of New Orleans and Tulane University, teaching graduate courses she developed.
"We are so fortunate that Jan was interested in the job," said Bobby Harper, Foundation president. "Her experience and qualifications, by far, exceed the job description. There will be no learning curve."
Organized in 1993, the Lowndes Community Foundation seeks to improve the quality of life of the people of Lowndes County through building permanent charitable assets, providing leadership on important community issues, grant making and encouraging charitable giving. The LCF became affiliated with the CREATE Foundation in 2012. The Foundation recently elected the following new officers: Harper as president; Birney Imes, vice-president; Jim Davidson, treasurer; Mary Alexander, secretary; and Helen Pridmore, special projects and grants committee chair.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY