January 18, 2014 10:55:32 PM
The Lowndes Community Foundation has hired Jan Eastman as executive director of the organization.
A Columbus native, Eastman has an extensive background in foundation and non-profit organization experience having served as director of development for the CREATE Foundation from 2006-2012. Her resume includes 21 years with IBM and 13 years as a consultant to 64 nonprofits. She was also an adjunct professor at the University of New Orleans and Tulane University, teaching graduate courses she developed.
"We are so fortunate that Jan was interested in the job," said Bobby Harper, Foundation president. "Her experience and qualifications, by far, exceed the job description. There will be no learning curve."
Organized in 1993, the Lowndes Community Foundation seeks to improve the quality of life of the people of Lowndes County through building permanent charitable assets, providing leadership on important community issues, grant making and encouraging charitable giving. The LCF became affiliated with the CREATE Foundation in 2012. The Foundation recently elected the following new officers: Harper as president; Birney Imes, vice-president; Jim Davidson, treasurer; Mary Alexander, secretary; and Helen Pridmore, special projects and grants committee chair.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY