Article Comment 

Blowtorch causes fire at Lion Hills

 

Tom Raybon exits the small building that caught fire on the golf course at Lion Hills on Friday.

Tom Raybon exits the small building that caught fire on the golf course at Lion Hills on Friday. Photo by: Micah Green/Dispatch Staff

 

Sarah Fowler

 

A blowtorch started a fire at Lion Hills Golf Club Friday morning. 

 

Debby Gard, vice president of Lion Hills, said Donald Smith Pump Company out of Shannon was tending to the pump house when a blowtorch flame got too close to a plant. 

 

"They were cutting a bolt with a torch the fire got in the reeds," Gard said. "That's all. It's just the exterior of the building. It's easily fixed. And my beautiful little reeds are scorched, but other than that everything is fine." 

 

Gard said the fire began around 11:30 a.m. She added that Columbus Fire and Rescue responded within minutes and the fire was quickly extinguished. 

 

The pump house handles the irrigation for the golf course across the street from the club.

 

Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch. Follow her on Twitter @FowlerSarah

 

printer friendly version | back to top

 

 

 

 

 

Follow Us:

Follow Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Follow Us via Instagram

Follow Us via Email