January 22, 2014 10:11:52 AM
FLORENCE, Ala. -- Police say a north Alabama a woman has been linked to stealing from gravesites in three states and trying to sell the items online.
Florence police Det. Brad Holmes told AL.com 39-year-old Brandie Grimes Emerson took photos of stolen items in her house and yard and posted them online. Authorities say Emerson's home contained floral arrangements, lanterns, wind chimes, collectibles and more.
Police say Emerson was linked to stealing items from the grave of a 21-year-old crash victim and was arrested Thursday. Holmes says investigators are sifting through 250 items Emerson listed online.
Holmes says stolen items were identified by 12 people in Lauderdale County, six in Colbert County, two from the Corinth, Miss. area and one from Lincoln County, Tenn.
It's unclear if Emerson has an attorney.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY