January 23, 2014 10:28:44 AM
Radiologic technologist Mike Comer of Tupelo has been selected as North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point's Employee of the Quarter.
Comer joined the NMMC staff in 2006 at the Pain Management Center in Tupelo. He began working part time in NMMC-West Point's Radiology Department in 2012. He also works as needed at NMMC-Pontotoc.
A graduate of Tupelo High School, Comer attended the University of Memphis and earned his Associates Degree in radiologic technology from Itawamba Community College.
Coworkers say Comer always smiles, shows a caring attitude and does an excellent job of explaining procedures to patients and family members.
Comer is the son of Anne and Bill Barkley of New Albany, and the late David Comer of Tupelo. He volunteers with Living Independence for Everyone (L.I.F.E.) of Northeast Mississippi and OurArtworks in Tupelo, a non-profit organization that offers a creative outlet for people with disabilities.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Younger claims Dist. 17 runoff COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY