January 23, 2014 10:28:44 AM
Radiologic technologist Mike Comer of Tupelo has been selected as North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point's Employee of the Quarter.
Comer joined the NMMC staff in 2006 at the Pain Management Center in Tupelo. He began working part time in NMMC-West Point's Radiology Department in 2012. He also works as needed at NMMC-Pontotoc.
A graduate of Tupelo High School, Comer attended the University of Memphis and earned his Associates Degree in radiologic technology from Itawamba Community College.
Coworkers say Comer always smiles, shows a caring attitude and does an excellent job of explaining procedures to patients and family members.
Comer is the son of Anne and Bill Barkley of New Albany, and the late David Comer of Tupelo. He volunteers with Living Independence for Everyone (L.I.F.E.) of Northeast Mississippi and OurArtworks in Tupelo, a non-profit organization that offers a creative outlet for people with disabilities.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY