January 28, 2014 10:25:49 AM
SOUTHAVEN -- Authorities say a DeSoto County teacher and football coach is among 15 people arrested by Southaven police during an undercover sting for prostitution.
The Commercial Appeal reports 44-year-old Mark Alan Hogan was charged along 10 other men with solicitation of prostitution during the sting Friday at an area hotel. Hogan is an assistant football coach and science teacher at Center Hill High School in Olive Branch.
Katherine Nelson, communications director for DeSoto County Schools, said in a statement that Hogan is on administrative leave while an internal investigation is underway.
It was unclear whether Hogan has an attorney.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY