January 28, 2014 10:25:49 AM
SOUTHAVEN -- Authorities say a DeSoto County teacher and football coach is among 15 people arrested by Southaven police during an undercover sting for prostitution.
The Commercial Appeal reports 44-year-old Mark Alan Hogan was charged along 10 other men with solicitation of prostitution during the sting Friday at an area hotel. Hogan is an assistant football coach and science teacher at Center Hill High School in Olive Branch.
Katherine Nelson, communications director for DeSoto County Schools, said in a statement that Hogan is on administrative leave while an internal investigation is underway.
It was unclear whether Hogan has an attorney.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY