January 28, 2014 10:25:49 AM
SOUTHAVEN -- Authorities say a DeSoto County teacher and football coach is among 15 people arrested by Southaven police during an undercover sting for prostitution.
The Commercial Appeal reports 44-year-old Mark Alan Hogan was charged along 10 other men with solicitation of prostitution during the sting Friday at an area hotel. Hogan is an assistant football coach and science teacher at Center Hill High School in Olive Branch.
Katherine Nelson, communications director for DeSoto County Schools, said in a statement that Hogan is on administrative leave while an internal investigation is underway.
It was unclear whether Hogan has an attorney.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Younger wins District 17 runoff COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY