January 29, 2014 9:45:41 AM
A Winston County man has been arrested after authorities say he broke into several vehicles and a work shed at Severstal.
Brian Martin Jones, 29, of Louisville, was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department last Friday after allegedly stealing several $1,000-worth of tools from vehicles parked at Severstal.
According to investigator Ryan Rickert, Jones broke into the shed and three vehicles late Wednesday night. Witnesses on scene recognized Jones' vehicle and reported the theft to authorities. Jones is a former employee of Shechstel, a contractor affiliated with Severstal.
Jones was charged with four counts of felony commercial burglary. He received a $20,000 bond and is currently in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch. Follow her on Twitter @FowlerSarah
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Good Samaritan clinic helps Lowndes County residents COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY