January 29, 2014 9:45:41 AM
A Winston County man has been arrested after authorities say he broke into several vehicles and a work shed at Severstal.
Brian Martin Jones, 29, of Louisville, was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department last Friday after allegedly stealing several $1,000-worth of tools from vehicles parked at Severstal.
According to investigator Ryan Rickert, Jones broke into the shed and three vehicles late Wednesday night. Witnesses on scene recognized Jones' vehicle and reported the theft to authorities. Jones is a former employee of Shechstel, a contractor affiliated with Severstal.
Jones was charged with four counts of felony commercial burglary. He received a $20,000 bond and is currently in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY