January 29, 2014 9:45:41 AM
A Winston County man has been arrested after authorities say he broke into several vehicles and a work shed at Severstal.
Brian Martin Jones, 29, of Louisville, was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department last Friday after allegedly stealing several $1,000-worth of tools from vehicles parked at Severstal.
According to investigator Ryan Rickert, Jones broke into the shed and three vehicles late Wednesday night. Witnesses on scene recognized Jones' vehicle and reported the theft to authorities. Jones is a former employee of Shechstel, a contractor affiliated with Severstal.
Jones was charged with four counts of felony commercial burglary. He received a $20,000 bond and is currently in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY