January 29, 2014 9:45:41 AM
A Winston County man has been arrested after authorities say he broke into several vehicles and a work shed at Severstal.
Brian Martin Jones, 29, of Louisville, was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department last Friday after allegedly stealing several $1,000-worth of tools from vehicles parked at Severstal.
According to investigator Ryan Rickert, Jones broke into the shed and three vehicles late Wednesday night. Witnesses on scene recognized Jones' vehicle and reported the theft to authorities. Jones is a former employee of Shechstel, a contractor affiliated with Severstal.
Jones was charged with four counts of felony commercial burglary. He received a $20,000 bond and is currently in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Hope senior, Ole Miss signee arrested for stealing guns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Trainer: Wet N Wild deal unlikely until lake repairs are made STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Investigators looking into suspicious package delivered to Oby's STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY