January 30, 2014 10:13:11 AM
TUPELO -- The Lee County School Board has voted to terminate former Belden Center Principal Ralph Green.
Green, who was fired by Superintendent Jimmy Weeks in September, had appealed the decision to the school board. He had a closed personnel hearing during the fall.
Weeks said Green was terminated for neglecting to fulfill his responsibilities. The Belden Center is the school district's alternative school. Green had previously served as principal at Shannon Middle School.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY