January 30, 2014 10:13:11 AM
TUPELO -- The Lee County School Board has voted to terminate former Belden Center Principal Ralph Green.
Green, who was fired by Superintendent Jimmy Weeks in September, had appealed the decision to the school board. He had a closed personnel hearing during the fall.
Weeks said Green was terminated for neglecting to fulfill his responsibilities. The Belden Center is the school district's alternative school. Green had previously served as principal at Shannon Middle School.
1. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY