January 30, 2014 10:21:20 AM
Beginning Saturday, the Columbus Arts Council will offer a fun primer on a different artistic topic the first Saturday of each month, through May. "First Saturday Arts for All" spring sessions start with instruction in line dancing Feb. 1 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Rosenzweig Arts Center at 501 Main St. in Columbus.
Two hands-on classes will be offered simultaneously each first Saturday, one for ages 13 through adults, and another for ages 6 to 12. Preregistration is required. Sessions are $8 each. Ceramics will be offered March 1; Improvisation on April 5 and Crochet on May 3.
Rebecca McGavock at the Columbus Arts Council is coordinating the Arts for All classes and emphasized that the sessions are open to everyone. "We believe that everybody should have the privilege of experiencing the arts and its many benefits," she expressed.
Arts for All classes are made possible through sponsors Ecolab, the Exchange Club of Columbus and Walmart.
For more information, or to preregister, contact the arts council at 662-328-2787.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY