January 30, 2014 10:21:20 AM
Beginning Saturday, the Columbus Arts Council will offer a fun primer on a different artistic topic the first Saturday of each month, through May. "First Saturday Arts for All" spring sessions start with instruction in line dancing Feb. 1 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Rosenzweig Arts Center at 501 Main St. in Columbus.
Two hands-on classes will be offered simultaneously each first Saturday, one for ages 13 through adults, and another for ages 6 to 12. Preregistration is required. Sessions are $8 each. Ceramics will be offered March 1; Improvisation on April 5 and Crochet on May 3.
Rebecca McGavock at the Columbus Arts Council is coordinating the Arts for All classes and emphasized that the sessions are open to everyone. "We believe that everybody should have the privilege of experiencing the arts and its many benefits," she expressed.
Arts for All classes are made possible through sponsors Ecolab, the Exchange Club of Columbus and Walmart.
For more information, or to preregister, contact the arts council at 662-328-2787.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former CMSD choir director indicted for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY