January 30, 2014 10:26:54 AM
A Columbus couple arrested and charged with fraudulent use of ID Tuesday includes a city employee.
Katrina Porter, 32, and her husband Derrick Porter, 34, both of 22 Hanson Dr., were arrested Tuesday by the Columbus Police Department and charged with one count of fraudulent use of an ID.
City Human Resources Director Pat Mitchell confirmed Katrina Porter is a clerk with the city. Chief Financial Officer Milton Rawle confirmed he recommended her hire as an office support clerk during the city council's Dec. 17 meeting last year.
According to Latasha Key, CPD Criminal Investigations Secretary, the Porters were attempting to use a fraudulent card at Walmart.
Marriage license records from the Lowndes County Courthouse show the couple was married Dec. 4.
The couple was taken into custody and formally charged at the police department. Katrina Porter received a bond of $2,500. Derrick Porter received a $3,500 bond. Their hearing date is set for March 6.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY