January 30, 2014 10:26:54 AM
A Columbus couple arrested and charged with fraudulent use of ID Tuesday includes a city employee.
Katrina Porter, 32, and her husband Derrick Porter, 34, both of 22 Hanson Dr., were arrested Tuesday by the Columbus Police Department and charged with one count of fraudulent use of an ID.
City Human Resources Director Pat Mitchell confirmed Katrina Porter is a clerk with the city. Chief Financial Officer Milton Rawle confirmed he recommended her hire as an office support clerk during the city council's Dec. 17 meeting last year.
According to Latasha Key, CPD Criminal Investigations Secretary, the Porters were attempting to use a fraudulent card at Walmart.
Marriage license records from the Lowndes County Courthouse show the couple was married Dec. 4.
The couple was taken into custody and formally charged at the police department. Katrina Porter received a bond of $2,500. Derrick Porter received a $3,500 bond. Their hearing date is set for March 6.
1. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY