February 1, 2014 11:35:44 PM
JACKSON -- A 20-year-old Jackson man is accused of gunning down his 49-year-old father and 74-year-old grandmother.
Jackson Police Chief Lindsay Horton says Tyrone Liddell Jr. was booked Thursday night and is being held without bond on two counts of murder in the deaths of Tyrone Liddell Sr. and Bertha Lee Liddell.
WLBT-TV reports that Liddell denied involvement as he was escorted out of court.
Horton says both victims were shot multiple times in an apparent rage. He says Liddell's mother helped police find her son. The Clarion-Ledger reports Horton says someone outside the family was a witness.
According to Horton, the witness says Liddell and his father were arguing Wednesday night. Horton says the shootings apparently occurred Wednesday night. The bodies were found about 7:40 a.m. Thursday.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY