September 30, 2009 10:24:00 AM
WEST POINT -- West Point City Clerk Robin Perry has stepped down after less than three months on the job.
Perry, who assumed the post in July, did not provide a reason for his resignation in a letter given to West Point city officials Sept. 23. His resignation is effective today, according to West Point Chief Administrative Officer and former City Clerk Randy Jones.
An advertisement announcing the job has been placed in local publications, Jones noted.
Perry worked on Mayor Scott Ross'' 2004 campaign before accepting a position as special projects coordinator after Ross'' election.
The city also is looking to replace former West Point Police Chief Steve Bingham, who was fired by West Point selectmen on Aug. 11.
pennix commented at 9/30/2009 1:12:00 PM:
The Reason???? TOO MUCH CORRUPTION....TOO MUCH "GOOD OL BOY" FAVORS....TOO MANY DOPE DEALERS, BEING FINANCED, BY THE RICH (to make more $$) TOO MUCH SCOTT ROSS, AND HIS "NO NOTHING" POLICES, ABOUT RUNNING THE CITY..THE WAY IT NEEDS TO BE RAN.....TOO MUCH, TOO MUCH !!
14/88 commented at 10/2/2009 8:27:00 AM:
Is it really that bad? Does anyone know the real reson why Bingham was fired?
125 commented at 10/13/2009 12:01:00 AM:
Wedding dresses, mother of the bride dresses, flower girl dresses, and prom dresses have been the keystones of Mon Cheri's success for nearly twenty years. wedding gowns were only the beginning for Mon Cheri; today, we produce over twenty branded special occasion product lines worldwide,
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY