February 18, 2014 9:49:08 AM
A local man walked away from an early morning stabbing Monday with only minor injuries.
The victim, whose name is not being released, was stabbed at Greentree Apartment Complex at approximately 8:30 a.m. Monday, according to scanner traffic. He then got into his vehicle and attempted to drive to the hospital with his infant in the backseat. He made it less than a mile down North Lehmberg Road before pulling into the parking lot of Lowndes Funeral Home and calling 911.
Emergency personnel with the Columbus Police Department, Lowndes County Sheriff's Department and Columbus Fire and Rescue responded. On scene, the male claimed the child's mother accidentally stabbed him as he was putting the baby in the car. He told law enforcement he did not want to press charges.
He was treated on scene and drove away.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch. Follow her on Twitter @FowlerSarah
1. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Clinkscales out, Amos in as drug court judge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Federal agents arrest man on assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY