February 19, 2014 10:22:34 AM
D'IBERVILLE -- Todd Harrell, a founding member and bassist for 3 Doors Down, has been arrested on a DUI charge again in D'Iberville.
The Sun Herald reports police arrested him Tuesday night on a charge of DUI other substance, second offense.
D'Iberville police had arrested Harrell on July 19, 2012, on a drug-related DUI charge. He was convicted in municipal court in August and appealed it to Harrison County Court. A judge denied his appeal in a bench trial Jan. 8, finding him guilty.
He also is facing trial on a charge of vehicular manslaughter by intoxication in Nashville, where he is accused of driving impaired in an accident resulting in the other driver's death in August.
His first DUI arrest in D'Iberville occurred about a month before the fatal crash.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY