February 20, 2014 10:03:34 AM
PASCAGOULA -- A Moss Point woman has pleaded guilty to felony charges accusing her of abusing and torturing her three children.
The Sun Herald reports Stacey Williams pleaded guilty to four charges of aggravated domestic violence, along with three charges of felony child abuse. She entered the pleas Tuesday before Circuit Judge Kathy King Jackson, who deferred sentencing until March 12.
A Jackson County grand jury indicted Williams in April on all seven charges along with a charge of obstruction of justice for allegedly promising her son he could live with his father if he told officials with the state Department of Human Services his mother had not physically abused him. The state opted not to prosecute that offense.
Williams is free on bond pending sentencing.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY