February 20, 2014 10:03:34 AM
PASCAGOULA -- A Moss Point woman has pleaded guilty to felony charges accusing her of abusing and torturing her three children.
The Sun Herald reports Stacey Williams pleaded guilty to four charges of aggravated domestic violence, along with three charges of felony child abuse. She entered the pleas Tuesday before Circuit Judge Kathy King Jackson, who deferred sentencing until March 12.
A Jackson County grand jury indicted Williams in April on all seven charges along with a charge of obstruction of justice for allegedly promising her son he could live with his father if he told officials with the state Department of Human Services his mother had not physically abused him. The state opted not to prosecute that offense.
Williams is free on bond pending sentencing.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY