February 20, 2014 10:03:34 AM
PASCAGOULA -- A Moss Point woman has pleaded guilty to felony charges accusing her of abusing and torturing her three children.
The Sun Herald reports Stacey Williams pleaded guilty to four charges of aggravated domestic violence, along with three charges of felony child abuse. She entered the pleas Tuesday before Circuit Judge Kathy King Jackson, who deferred sentencing until March 12.
A Jackson County grand jury indicted Williams in April on all seven charges along with a charge of obstruction of justice for allegedly promising her son he could live with his father if he told officials with the state Department of Human Services his mother had not physically abused him. The state opted not to prosecute that offense.
Williams is free on bond pending sentencing.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY