February 20, 2014 10:03:34 AM
PASCAGOULA -- A Moss Point woman has pleaded guilty to felony charges accusing her of abusing and torturing her three children.
The Sun Herald reports Stacey Williams pleaded guilty to four charges of aggravated domestic violence, along with three charges of felony child abuse. She entered the pleas Tuesday before Circuit Judge Kathy King Jackson, who deferred sentencing until March 12.
A Jackson County grand jury indicted Williams in April on all seven charges along with a charge of obstruction of justice for allegedly promising her son he could live with his father if he told officials with the state Department of Human Services his mother had not physically abused him. The state opted not to prosecute that offense.
Williams is free on bond pending sentencing.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville organizers readying annual Pumpkinpalooza STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY