February 26, 2014 10:09:41 AM
A Gun Dog Supply employee and his associate are both free on bond after the duo was arrested in connection to an alleged theft at the business.
Starkville Police Department was dispatched to the business, located at 312 Industrial Park Road, on Jan. 17 after management reported a large amount of GPS-enabled, dog-tracking collars were missing from the Gun Dog Supply inventory.
Police arrested 29-year-old Jarvis Bernard Neely, of 200 Catherine St. Apt. 10-A, Starkville, Monday and charged him with embezzlement. Neely is an employee of Gun Dog Supply. SPD also arrested one of Neely's associates, Erik Lavone Young, 29, of 184 Steadman Ln., and charged him with receiving stolen property in connection with the embezzlement.
Bond was set at $5,000, and both were later released.
The investigation is ongoing, and other arrests may be pending, SPD reported in a press release Tuesday.
If anyone has information regarding this case, contact SPD at 662-323-4131 or 662-323-0393, or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY