February 27, 2014 11:09:09 AM
Scott Waller has been promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of The Mississippi Economic Council.
A Shubuta native, Waller joined MEC in 2006, where he has served as Senior Vice President of Public Affairs and oversaw public affairs, policy and communications.
He has worked to build coalitions and strengthen alliances between MEC members and other organizations to make the Chamber a policy leader on key issues of economic development, education, workforce training, taxes, tourism and business climate.
He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and he graduated from the Institute of Organizational Management in 2011. Prior to MEC, Waller had a 20-year career as a newspaper journalist, including serving as Business Editor of The Clarion-Ledger and Sports Editor for The Commercial Dispatch.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY