February 27, 2014 11:09:09 AM
Scott Waller has been promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of The Mississippi Economic Council.
A Shubuta native, Waller joined MEC in 2006, where he has served as Senior Vice President of Public Affairs and oversaw public affairs, policy and communications.
He has worked to build coalitions and strengthen alliances between MEC members and other organizations to make the Chamber a policy leader on key issues of economic development, education, workforce training, taxes, tourism and business climate.
He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and he graduated from the Institute of Organizational Management in 2011. Prior to MEC, Waller had a 20-year career as a newspaper journalist, including serving as Business Editor of The Clarion-Ledger and Sports Editor for The Commercial Dispatch.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY