February 27, 2014 11:09:09 AM
Scott Waller has been promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of The Mississippi Economic Council.
A Shubuta native, Waller joined MEC in 2006, where he has served as Senior Vice President of Public Affairs and oversaw public affairs, policy and communications.
He has worked to build coalitions and strengthen alliances between MEC members and other organizations to make the Chamber a policy leader on key issues of economic development, education, workforce training, taxes, tourism and business climate.
He is a graduate of Mississippi State University and he graduated from the Institute of Organizational Management in 2011. Prior to MEC, Waller had a 20-year career as a newspaper journalist, including serving as Business Editor of The Clarion-Ledger and Sports Editor for The Commercial Dispatch.
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY