February 28, 2014 10:09:22 AM
Less than a month after being arrested for charges relating to identity theft, a former city employee has been arrested again.
Katrina Porter, 32, of 22 Hanson Dr., was arrested Tuesday and charged with four counts of fraudulent use of an ID. Porter is a former office support clerk for Chief Financial Officer Milton Rawle. She was fired after her arrest in January on similar charges.
Porter's latest arrest stems from four separate incidents at Fred's, Wines Etc, and Belk, when she allegedly used false information to make purchases, according to Latasha Key with the Columbus Police Department.
Last month, Porter and her husband Derrick Porter were arrested on the same charge after the couple allegedly attempted to use a fraudulent ID at Walmart. After a CPD investigation, Derrick Porter was also charged with another count of fraudulent ID following an incident at Fred's.
Katrina Porter now has two court dates, one for March 6 for her January arrest and a second court date for March 20.
She has been released from the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $20,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. West Lowndes principal resigns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU Student Association slams religious freedom bill STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Columbus cheer squads competing in national event COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man charged after gun in church incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Pentagon targets air base surplus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY