February 28, 2014 10:09:22 AM
Less than a month after being arrested for charges relating to identity theft, a former city employee has been arrested again.
Katrina Porter, 32, of 22 Hanson Dr., was arrested Tuesday and charged with four counts of fraudulent use of an ID. Porter is a former office support clerk for Chief Financial Officer Milton Rawle. She was fired after her arrest in January on similar charges.
Porter's latest arrest stems from four separate incidents at Fred's, Wines Etc, and Belk, when she allegedly used false information to make purchases, according to Latasha Key with the Columbus Police Department.
Last month, Porter and her husband Derrick Porter were arrested on the same charge after the couple allegedly attempted to use a fraudulent ID at Walmart. After a CPD investigation, Derrick Porter was also charged with another count of fraudulent ID following an incident at Fred's.
Katrina Porter now has two court dates, one for March 6 for her January arrest and a second court date for March 20.
She has been released from the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $20,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dudy Noble video board to serve as first step in renovation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY