February 28, 2014 10:09:22 AM
Less than a month after being arrested for charges relating to identity theft, a former city employee has been arrested again.
Katrina Porter, 32, of 22 Hanson Dr., was arrested Tuesday and charged with four counts of fraudulent use of an ID. Porter is a former office support clerk for Chief Financial Officer Milton Rawle. She was fired after her arrest in January on similar charges.
Porter's latest arrest stems from four separate incidents at Fred's, Wines Etc, and Belk, when she allegedly used false information to make purchases, according to Latasha Key with the Columbus Police Department.
Last month, Porter and her husband Derrick Porter were arrested on the same charge after the couple allegedly attempted to use a fraudulent ID at Walmart. After a CPD investigation, Derrick Porter was also charged with another count of fraudulent ID following an incident at Fred's.
Katrina Porter now has two court dates, one for March 6 for her January arrest and a second court date for March 20.
She has been released from the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $20,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Annex demo could make way for courthouse expansion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Fire displaces families in Brooksville Gardens STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY