March 1, 2014 10:25:26 PM
HINGHAM, Mass. -- A Massachusetts man busted for speeding had a pretty good excuse when he was pulled over: He had just won a big lottery prize and was on his way to collect his cash.
It turns out Thursday was 22-year-old Scott Lowe's lucky day in more ways than one. The officer who pulled him over in Hingham (HING'-um) issued a verbal warning and urged him to drive safely.
Lowe, of Rockland, told the officer he was speeding because he had won $50,000 on a scratch-off ticket and was on his way to Massachusetts State Lottery headquarters in Braintree to collect his winnings.
WCVB-TV reports that police say Lowe was shaking, and showed the officer his winning ticket.
After the warning, he went on his way and claimed his prize.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY