March 3, 2014 9:40:21 AM
HAMILTON -- An arrest has been made in the death of an Amory man.
Authorities tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the body of 50-year-old Tommy Harlow was discovered beaten to death around 6:30 a.m. Sunday at his sister's home in Hamilton.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says a suspect is in custody and will officially be charged with murder Monday.
The suspect's name is not being released.
Coroner Alan Gurley says Harlow is believed to have died sometime around midnight.
Harlow's body will be sent to the state medical examiner in Jackson on Tuesday for an autopsy.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY