March 3, 2014 9:40:21 AM
HAMILTON -- An arrest has been made in the death of an Amory man.
Authorities tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the body of 50-year-old Tommy Harlow was discovered beaten to death around 6:30 a.m. Sunday at his sister's home in Hamilton.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says a suspect is in custody and will officially be charged with murder Monday.
The suspect's name is not being released.
Coroner Alan Gurley says Harlow is believed to have died sometime around midnight.
Harlow's body will be sent to the state medical examiner in Jackson on Tuesday for an autopsy.
1. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY