March 3, 2014 9:40:21 AM
HAMILTON -- An arrest has been made in the death of an Amory man.
Authorities tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the body of 50-year-old Tommy Harlow was discovered beaten to death around 6:30 a.m. Sunday at his sister's home in Hamilton.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says a suspect is in custody and will officially be charged with murder Monday.
The suspect's name is not being released.
Coroner Alan Gurley says Harlow is believed to have died sometime around midnight.
Harlow's body will be sent to the state medical examiner in Jackson on Tuesday for an autopsy.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY