March 3, 2014 9:40:21 AM
HAMILTON -- An arrest has been made in the death of an Amory man.
Authorities tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the body of 50-year-old Tommy Harlow was discovered beaten to death around 6:30 a.m. Sunday at his sister's home in Hamilton.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says a suspect is in custody and will officially be charged with murder Monday.
The suspect's name is not being released.
Coroner Alan Gurley says Harlow is believed to have died sometime around midnight.
Harlow's body will be sent to the state medical examiner in Jackson on Tuesday for an autopsy.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY