March 4, 2014 9:58:05 AM
AMORY -- Christopher Lee Thompson remains in jail, charged with the beating death of an Amory man.
The 46-year-old Thompson, himself an Amory resident, was arrested Sunday and charged Monday with the murder of Tommy Harlow.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says the two men had been arguing in the early hours of Sunday.
Cantrell says Thompson didn't know Harlow was dead when he left the house.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY