March 4, 2014 9:58:05 AM
AMORY -- Christopher Lee Thompson remains in jail, charged with the beating death of an Amory man.
The 46-year-old Thompson, himself an Amory resident, was arrested Sunday and charged Monday with the murder of Tommy Harlow.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says the two men had been arguing in the early hours of Sunday.
Cantrell says Thompson didn't know Harlow was dead when he left the house.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY