March 4, 2014 9:58:05 AM
CAMDEN -- The search continues for a missing Madison County toddler.
On Monday afternoon, less than an hour after it was reported that the search had been called off, Sheriff Randy Tucker and officials from at least three agencies were back on the scene combing the area again for any sign of 2-year-old Myra Lewis. He tells The Clarion-Ledger the investigation has not changed much since Sunday.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol issued an Amber Alert on Sunday evening after the child had been missing since Saturday from her Camden home.
Family members said Monday that they think Myra has been kidnapped, but Tucker said that so far all officials know is that Myra is gone.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Deck collapse could prompt county building code discussions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY