March 6, 2014 9:45:03 AM
A teenager has been arrested and charged with armed robbery.
Brian Devonshay Hill, 19, of 319 Ponderosa Dr., was arrested Wednesday morning for his alleged role in a February robbery.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department went to 2112 14th Ave. N. on Feb. 13 for a reported armed robbery, according to Investigations Secretary Latasha Key.
When officers arrived on scene, the female victim told officers her friend Jamie Taylor came to her apartment to take her to "get some food." Moments after Taylor entered the apartment, Hill came through the unlocked door brandishing a firearm of an unknown caliber and demanding money, according to police.
The victim said Hill put the gun to Taylor's head and ordered him to get on the ground, telling the female victim to "give me everything you have or I'll shoot you both," according to police.
When she gave Hill her money, both he and Taylor ran from the apartment into a waiting vehicle, according to police.
Hill received a $20,000 bond. He is still in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His court date is set for May 15.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY