March 6, 2014 9:45:03 AM
A teenager has been arrested and charged with armed robbery.
Brian Devonshay Hill, 19, of 319 Ponderosa Dr., was arrested Wednesday morning for his alleged role in a February robbery.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department went to 2112 14th Ave. N. on Feb. 13 for a reported armed robbery, according to Investigations Secretary Latasha Key.
When officers arrived on scene, the female victim told officers her friend Jamie Taylor came to her apartment to take her to "get some food." Moments after Taylor entered the apartment, Hill came through the unlocked door brandishing a firearm of an unknown caliber and demanding money, according to police.
The victim said Hill put the gun to Taylor's head and ordered him to get on the ground, telling the female victim to "give me everything you have or I'll shoot you both," according to police.
When she gave Hill her money, both he and Taylor ran from the apartment into a waiting vehicle, according to police.
Hill received a $20,000 bond. He is still in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His court date is set for May 15.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dog gives his life protecting child from rattlesnake COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 2 dead in Oktibbeha County car crash STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. MSU blue-chip guard popped for DUI STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. CPD welcomes 11 new officers to force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Reclaiming the past: Local businessman making living selling salvaged material for new construction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY