March 7, 2014 11:13:24 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
A judge Thursday ordered a Columbus man to not be around females under the age of 18 after the man was arrested and charged with molestation of a child.
Bobby Bullett Sanders, 23, of 4181 Military Road, was arrested Wednesday after allegations that he molested a 6-year-old.
The female victim was taken by her mother to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Sunday for bleeding, according to Investigator Daryl Nabors with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department. The victim claimed Sanders was her attacker and, after an investigation, he was arrested and charged with molestation-touching a child for lustful purposes.
Nabors said it was unclear whether the victim's mother was at home at the time the alleged instance occurred.
Sanders appeared before Justice Court Judge Chris Hemphill on Thursday morning where he received a $25,000 bond and was ordered to have no contact with the victim or the victim's family. Hemphill also ordered that Sanders not be within 500 feet of a female under the age of 18.
Sanders, who is currently unemployed, bonded out of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center Thursday afternoon. His court date has not yet been set.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY