March 7, 2014 11:13:24 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
A judge Thursday ordered a Columbus man to not be around females under the age of 18 after the man was arrested and charged with molestation of a child.
Bobby Bullett Sanders, 23, of 4181 Military Road, was arrested Wednesday after allegations that he molested a 6-year-old.
The female victim was taken by her mother to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Sunday for bleeding, according to Investigator Daryl Nabors with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department. The victim claimed Sanders was her attacker and, after an investigation, he was arrested and charged with molestation-touching a child for lustful purposes.
Nabors said it was unclear whether the victim's mother was at home at the time the alleged instance occurred.
Sanders appeared before Justice Court Judge Chris Hemphill on Thursday morning where he received a $25,000 bond and was ordered to have no contact with the victim or the victim's family. Hemphill also ordered that Sanders not be within 500 feet of a female under the age of 18.
Sanders, who is currently unemployed, bonded out of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center Thursday afternoon. His court date has not yet been set.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Police release more details on cold case murder arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Defendant shows up to court high COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Having a voice: Tyler Edmonds seeks compensation from Mississippi for three years he spent in prison COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Documents: Nicholas seeks tourism rebate for hotel, won't pursue local TIF funds STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man accused of stealing meat from Sunflower found not guilty COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY