March 7, 2014 11:13:24 AM
A Houston mother and daughter were arrested during a routine traffic stop in Starkville Thursday on multiple drug-related charges.
Judy Lucious, 62, and Elesha Lucious, 44, both of 301 Farr Cove, Houston, were both charged with possession of a controlled substance after police pulled over Elesha Lucious for speeding and careless driving on Stark Road. A Starkville Police Department press release states two drug recognition experts were called to the scene as officers believed she was driving under the influence.
Both occupants were found to be in possession of crack cocaine, the release stated.
Elesha Lucious was also charged with DUI, careless driving and speeding.
SPD did not report a preliminary hearing date or if bond was posted for either woman.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel shooting suspect captured in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY