March 7, 2014 11:13:24 AM
A Houston mother and daughter were arrested during a routine traffic stop in Starkville Thursday on multiple drug-related charges.
Judy Lucious, 62, and Elesha Lucious, 44, both of 301 Farr Cove, Houston, were both charged with possession of a controlled substance after police pulled over Elesha Lucious for speeding and careless driving on Stark Road. A Starkville Police Department press release states two drug recognition experts were called to the scene as officers believed she was driving under the influence.
Both occupants were found to be in possession of crack cocaine, the release stated.
Elesha Lucious was also charged with DUI, careless driving and speeding.
SPD did not report a preliminary hearing date or if bond was posted for either woman.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY