March 7, 2014 11:13:13 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has been named "Hospital of the Year" by the Mississippi Nurses Association.
BMH-GT received the Nightingale Award this week. The award recognizes "special effort to excel in the area of health care," according to a press release issued by the hospital. Baptist was selected for the honor for hospitals with more than 100 beds.
BMH-GT CEO Paul Cade said the award was gratifying on many levels.
"I was honored to accept the Mississippi Nurses' Association Nightingale 'Hospital of the Year' Award on behalf of each of our employees at Baptist Golden Triangle," he said. "I was extremely proud to represent each of them in front of that room full of health care professionals from across the state. This award is a testament to the hard work of each of our employees, physicians and volunteers to provide quality care to our patients. It speaks volumes about the contributions they make to the health care of our community."
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY