March 9, 2014 12:09:06 AM
If you are a parent with a child in the Lowndes County School District, schools officials want your opinion.
An online survey for parents to give feedback has been set up on the district's website.
Superintendent Lynn Wright said the district wants to work hand in hand with parents in the district. By having parents opinions in black and white, administrators can have a clear idea of needs in the district from parents' point of view.
"It's very important to get feedback from the parents because they play such an integral part in the child's life such as the school does," Wright said. "This is a chance for them to voice their opinion. Every opinion is important to us."
Wright said school officials will analyze the feedback and take steps to either move forward or come up with a solution.
"We will analyze them and we'll try to access and see what our most critical needs are and hopefully that will give us a lot of insight as we go forward," he said.
Wright encouraged parents to visit the website saying, "It takes all of us working together to move forward."
To fill out the form, visit www.lowndes.k12.ms.us. Under "Quick Links" click on the last link that says "comprehensive needs assessment" then click on the link that says "Needs assessment parent survey." Or visit surveymonkey.com/s/LowndesParent.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY