March 13, 2014 10:38:25 AM
A 50-year-old Columbus man is facing aggravated assault charges after an incident on Strawberry Street last weekend.
Carl Cheateam, of 2124 Strawberry St., was arrested by police Tuesday. The alleged fight that led to his arrest occurred Saturday, according to Latasha Key with the Columbus Police Department.
Officers were called to 2202 Strawberry St. for a reported disturbance. Once at the scene, officers discovered that a man had been in a fight and received "a laceration to his right forearm," according to Key. The victim was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
Cheateam was arrested three days later and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon. His bond was set at $5,000.
He has a court date scheduled for May 15.
William Browning was managing editor for The Dispatch until June 2016.
1. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY