March 13, 2014 10:40:12 AM
A former city employee has been arrested for a third time for charges relating to identity theft.
Katrina Porter was arrested Monday by Lowndes County Sheriff's Office investigators. The 32-year-old's arrest marks the third time since January that the former financial office support clerk with the city of Columbus has been taken into custody.
An investigator said Tuesday that Porter's most recent arrest is connected to an ongoing investigation tied to a previous case. The alleged victim does not live in Lowndes County. Porter is accused of using the alleged victim's personal information to obtain credit cards.
Porter was fired from the city in January after she and her husband were arrested after allegedly attempting to use fraudulent IDs at Wal-Mart. In February, Porter was accused of using false information to make purchases at Fred's, Wines Etc., and Belk, according to Latasha Key with CPD.
Porter was released on a $2,500 bond and has an August court date.
The investigation is ongoing.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS