February 17, 2009
MACON -- Noxubee County authorities have ruled a Feb. 13 shooting on Walnut Street a murder-suicide, and believe it may have been a result of a domestic dispute between a husband and wife.
Shortly before 2 p.m. Feb. 13, Macon and Noxubee County authorities responded to the residence after receiving reports of gunshots in the area.
When police arrived, they found Henry Weston, 63, and his wife, 54-year-old Judy, dead, and their son, Henry Weston Jr., with as many as three non-fatal gunshot wounds.
"After completing the autopsy, we determined that Judy Weston died from being shot once in the face and once in the back of the neck," said Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun. "Henry Weston died from a single, self-inflicted gunshot wound to the forehead.
"I have ruled the case a murder-suicide in regards to Henry Weston and his wife," Calhoun added. "The case is still under investigation by the Macon Police Department."
As of this morning, Henry Weston Jr., who is in his early 20s, remained at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in stable condition. Calhoun on Saturday predicted the couple''s son likely would "make a full recovery."
Although the case has been ruled a murder-suicide, criminal charges are pending the completion of the MPD investigation. As of this morning, messages left at the police department had not been returned.
"This whole situation seems to be a case of domestic violence," said Calhoun. "I just hope we do something soon to get the domestic violence problem under control fast.
"It''s a problem all over the country, and I think it''s really getting off track," Calhoun added.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY