March 17, 2014 9:09:00 AM
VICKSBURG -- Bail for a Vicksburg man accused of shaking his infant son to death has been lowered by more than 97 percent.
The Vicksburg Post reports Warren County Judge Johnny Price reduced bail for 29-year-old Jamaro South from $1 million to $25,000 during a hearing Friday morning. South is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his six-month old son, Jamaro Carter Jr.
South's attorney, Chris Green, could not be reached Sunday for comment.
South was arrested Dec. 16 on a first-degree murder charge and booked into the Warren County Jail. His son died the previous day at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. Police have said the infant was shaken to death.
Municipal Judge Toni Terrett initially set bail at $1 million.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY