March 17, 2014 9:09:00 AM
VICKSBURG -- Bail for a Vicksburg man accused of shaking his infant son to death has been lowered by more than 97 percent.
The Vicksburg Post reports Warren County Judge Johnny Price reduced bail for 29-year-old Jamaro South from $1 million to $25,000 during a hearing Friday morning. South is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his six-month old son, Jamaro Carter Jr.
South's attorney, Chris Green, could not be reached Sunday for comment.
South was arrested Dec. 16 on a first-degree murder charge and booked into the Warren County Jail. His son died the previous day at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. Police have said the infant was shaken to death.
Municipal Judge Toni Terrett initially set bail at $1 million.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY