March 17, 2014 9:09:00 AM
VICKSBURG -- Bail for a Vicksburg man accused of shaking his infant son to death has been lowered by more than 97 percent.
The Vicksburg Post reports Warren County Judge Johnny Price reduced bail for 29-year-old Jamaro South from $1 million to $25,000 during a hearing Friday morning. South is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his six-month old son, Jamaro Carter Jr.
South's attorney, Chris Green, could not be reached Sunday for comment.
South was arrested Dec. 16 on a first-degree murder charge and booked into the Warren County Jail. His son died the previous day at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. Police have said the infant was shaken to death.
Municipal Judge Toni Terrett initially set bail at $1 million.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY