March 17, 2014 9:09:00 AM
VICKSBURG -- Bail for a Vicksburg man accused of shaking his infant son to death has been lowered by more than 97 percent.
The Vicksburg Post reports Warren County Judge Johnny Price reduced bail for 29-year-old Jamaro South from $1 million to $25,000 during a hearing Friday morning. South is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his six-month old son, Jamaro Carter Jr.
South's attorney, Chris Green, could not be reached Sunday for comment.
South was arrested Dec. 16 on a first-degree murder charge and booked into the Warren County Jail. His son died the previous day at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. Police have said the infant was shaken to death.
Municipal Judge Toni Terrett initially set bail at $1 million.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY