October 6, 2009 9:18:00 AM
MACON -- This morning Noxubee County celebrated the opening of its latest industry -- Exterior Profiles Corp. -- with a ribbon-cutting ceremony this morning.
The facility, at 1576 Magnolia Drive, is occupying the old Outdoor Technologies plant, Brian Wilson, head of the Noxubee County Community Development and Growth Alliance, said.
ProVia Door in December announced it had purchased Outdoor Technologies in Macon. Outdoor Technologies had closed in October 2008, idling 84 people.
ProVia''s ownership since has sold the operation; Exterior Profiles Corp. is assuming outdoor fence, deck and home products production at the site, creating 34 jobs, said Wilson, who reports company officials hope to employ more than 100 people, "as the market recovers."
Wilson said Profiles Corp. has been in operation in Macon for about five months, primarily marketing and making improvements to the facility.
"They mainly hired from the existing employee pool," Wilson noted. "They essentially will be offering the same product."
For Wilson, the new industry is signs of good things to come.
"It''s a tremendous morale boost," he said, adding the Alliance will "continue to leave no rock unturned and see if we can''t keep our employees employed."
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY