March 19, 2014 9:48:50 AM
GREENWOOD -- Viking Range Corp. has announcement more layoffs in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Viking's corporate parent, The Middleby Corp., won't say how many positions were eliminated.
In a statement Monday, Middleby says the cuts were in technical services and call centers as well as in marketing and training.
The company says the positions would be "redeployed" from the headquarters in Greenwood to distribution centers throughout the United States and in Canada.
Monday's layoffs are the third round of cutbacks at Viking since it was purchased by Elgin, Ill.-based Middleby at the end of 2012.
In two rounds of layoffs -- in January and November of last year -- the company eliminated more than 25 percent of its workforce, with most of the cuts coming to its Mississippi operations.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY