March 19, 2014 9:48:50 AM
GREENWOOD -- Viking Range Corp. has announcement more layoffs in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Viking's corporate parent, The Middleby Corp., won't say how many positions were eliminated.
In a statement Monday, Middleby says the cuts were in technical services and call centers as well as in marketing and training.
The company says the positions would be "redeployed" from the headquarters in Greenwood to distribution centers throughout the United States and in Canada.
Monday's layoffs are the third round of cutbacks at Viking since it was purchased by Elgin, Ill.-based Middleby at the end of 2012.
In two rounds of layoffs -- in January and November of last year -- the company eliminated more than 25 percent of its workforce, with most of the cuts coming to its Mississippi operations.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY