March 19, 2014 9:48:50 AM
GREENWOOD -- Viking Range Corp. has announcement more layoffs in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Viking's corporate parent, The Middleby Corp., won't say how many positions were eliminated.
In a statement Monday, Middleby says the cuts were in technical services and call centers as well as in marketing and training.
The company says the positions would be "redeployed" from the headquarters in Greenwood to distribution centers throughout the United States and in Canada.
Monday's layoffs are the third round of cutbacks at Viking since it was purchased by Elgin, Ill.-based Middleby at the end of 2012.
In two rounds of layoffs -- in January and November of last year -- the company eliminated more than 25 percent of its workforce, with most of the cuts coming to its Mississippi operations.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY