March 19, 2014 9:50:48 AM
Traffic on U.S. Highway 45 South from Carson Road to four miles south of U.S. Highway 82 will be switched Thursday morning for more road and bridge work.
Mississippi Department of Transportation spokesman Jason Scott said MDOT is making the 7-and-a-half mile stretch of the highway four lanes. The $17,962,816 widening and bridge reconstruction project began in February 2013.
The switch will occur at 9 a.m. Thursday and be in effect until the project's expected May 2015 completion.
MDOT crews will move all traffic in the newly completed left lanes of the highway to start reconstruction of the right lanes as well as three bridges.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY