March 19, 2014 9:50:48 AM
Traffic on U.S. Highway 45 South from Carson Road to four miles south of U.S. Highway 82 will be switched Thursday morning for more road and bridge work.
Mississippi Department of Transportation spokesman Jason Scott said MDOT is making the 7-and-a-half mile stretch of the highway four lanes. The $17,962,816 widening and bridge reconstruction project began in February 2013.
The switch will occur at 9 a.m. Thursday and be in effect until the project's expected May 2015 completion.
MDOT crews will move all traffic in the newly completed left lanes of the highway to start reconstruction of the right lanes as well as three bridges.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY