March 19, 2014 9:50:48 AM
Traffic on U.S. Highway 45 South from Carson Road to four miles south of U.S. Highway 82 will be switched Thursday morning for more road and bridge work.
Mississippi Department of Transportation spokesman Jason Scott said MDOT is making the 7-and-a-half mile stretch of the highway four lanes. The $17,962,816 widening and bridge reconstruction project began in February 2013.
The switch will occur at 9 a.m. Thursday and be in effect until the project's expected May 2015 completion.
MDOT crews will move all traffic in the newly completed left lanes of the highway to start reconstruction of the right lanes as well as three bridges.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville organizers readying annual Pumpkinpalooza STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY