March 20, 2014 10:12:28 AM
Robert Walker, PE, a Senior Vice President with Neel-Schaffer, was promoted to regional manager of the newly created Central Region. Walker now oversees the efforts of all Mississippi offices, including subsidiary companies Maptech and SoilTech Consultants.
Walker joined Neel-Schaffer in 1991 and has held a variety of positions. Most recently, he was the overall manager for the Neel-Schaffer Transportation and Structures departments and managed the subsidiaries. His recent project work includes managing the award-winning, $88 million State Route 9 roadway project in northeast Mississippi. Neel-Schaffer was included in the preconstruction design, right-of-way and utilities relocation, as well as management of the QA oversight phase during the fast-tracked construction.
He also managed a fast-tracked job involving implementation of Intelligent Transportation Systems on the four Mississippi River Bridges in Mississippi. The project was funded with federal Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) funding.
A 1988 graduate of Mississippi State University, Walker is a licensed Professional Engineer in Mississippi.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY